- HomeHome page for Astrogenetix. Making medicine in space
- About UsAstrogenetix, Inc. was formed by Astrotech Corporation to commercialize biotechnology products processed in the unique environment of microgravity. Through expertise gained by sending more than 1,500 NASA science experiments into space, Astrogenetix is
- Our VisionAstrogenetix was formed to exploit the unique characteristics of microgravity and build upon the many years of science and technology experience the International Space Station &amp; Shuttle program has afforded researchers. Vision Statement By
- Our Team
- Investor InformationAstrogenetix is a privately held company headquartered in Austin, Texas. For additional information, please contact the company here.
- Our HistoryOver the past 25 years, NASA has spent more than $5.5 billion on more than 2,000 science experiments sent to space to a unique environment known “microgravity” (or “micro-g.”) Found in space, this environment has provoked some of the greatest
- Press KitBelow is Astrogenetix logo in TIFF and EPS formats for use in a variety of media. The following guidelines should be followed when using the Astrogenetix logo: The logo may be enlarged or reduced to fit the intended need, but elements and proportions
- Our Vision
- Micro-GMicro-G University page
- PipelineAstrogenetix is building a unique pipeline of therapeutic agents through biomarker discoveries in space. Our first product candidate is a vaccine for Salmonella. We are surveying a number of different microbes to demonstrate our vaccine development
- ServicesAstrogenetix is uniquely positioned to offer our Microgravity Processing (MGP) services on a contract research basis. We are the only entity capable of providing not only access to a microgravity environment, but also the skills, resources and experience
- Bio Marker DiscoveryBiomarkers are characteristics or “markers” of the state of a biological system or process, and their discovery helps us understand the complexities of a biological system and how to apply these discoveries to personalized medicine and drug
- Preclinical StudiesAstrogenetix Services offers design programs allowing pharmaceutical customers access to data generated from microgravity protocols during the discovery and pre-clinical phases of drug development. Building on the company’s comprehensive internal
- Microgravity ManufacturingOne specific area of future expansion for the company will be biological manufacturing in microgravity. Understanding that organisms behave differently in microgravity has led several NASA-funded researchers to hypothesize the capability to expand our
- Bio Marker Discovery
- News & Events
- News & Press Releases
- Archived News
- Astrogenetix MissionsAstrogenetix holds a Space Act Agreement with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for use of the International Space Station (ISS), a designated U.S. National Laboratory, for research, development and industrial processing purposes.
- Contact UsFor general inquiries.
- Submit ProposalAstrogenetix is seeking individuals and companies interested in doing groundbreaking research in microgravity.
- Submit Proposal
- DisclaimerTHE MATERIALS ON ASTROGENETIX'S INTERNET SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." ASTROGENETIX MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ASTROGENETIX DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
- Site Map